Monday, February 04, 2008

February?

Can't believe it is already February! Sorry to my few readers for not posting in so long. winter has been a little crazy.

I got back from India expecting to work this winter with J4's on the weekends and then help my boss, Jeff Burrows, during the week with the ability women. Well, I came back for the first week of the season to find that the head Age-class/J3 coach had been let go and arrested. Well, that put a kink in the whole plan and I became the J3 full-time coach. This was going fine then we had a series of serious circumstances and the other coach, Fred, who was pretty much in charge of the J3's communication and scheduling etc, was taken out of the picture. His wife had a serious stroke. So, now my responsibilities got bumped up and now I am the head J3 coach which pretty much makes me the head age-class coach. I know many of you don't really know what all I am talking about, but basically I have a lot more responsiblity now. I think the hardest part is it is really challenging my decision making skills. If you know me you know I hate to make decisions. Now I am challenged with decisions on training and which races which athletes should go to and all sorts of things. That part is really difficult at times but also I am loving it. It had been a little crazy. Last weekend was the first weekend in a month that I was in town. I had been traveling for races quite a bit. Vail, Breckenridge, Keystone, Aspen, then I got to be home and train and Free ski.
So, the winter is going well. My athletes are doing well and we are getting ready for the junior Olympic qualifiers at Winter Park. It should be exciting to see who
qualifies.

So there isn't really much else going on right now. I am back though and will try to keep up on this again. For my three faithful reader. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Good to hear from you. Are you guys loving all the snow that's getting dumped up there? :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I was just checking on you! (Am I reader #1,2, or 3 :)

Miss you guys- Tim and I are still working on getting up there sometime. I promise, it'll happen. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your fancy new coaching gig, I am sure it is tough, but you will do great! We hope to see you guys soon.
Susan