Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pike's

Yes, I suffered some other sort of brain disfunction back in March (other than concussion) and I signed up for the Pike's Peak Marathon. Yes, that is right...in less than 4 days I am going to run up Pike's peak and not only that I am going for the round trip and running back down to make it a full marathon.
I don't really think I have trained enough but I am still excited and nervous and wondering about my sanity all at the same time. Also, now, there is this whole concussion thing. I think I should be okay to run but I am getting so many different opinions from people. Some think I should not try to do it 2 1/2 weeks after my concussion and others think I will be okay. I am going to the Doc tomorrow for my follow up so we will see what he says. I can't not do it!! I have to do Pike's and it has to be this year!
I know I may be crazy....please don't tell.

No comments: