Thursday, August 18, 2011

Crankworx


Yes that is right, I won!
My season has been going well this year especially in the Epic Single Track Series but I still had yet to win the expert field overall. That was my goal heading into the Crankworx XC race. After Beaver Creek I had some mid season time off for recovery so my legs were feeling nice and fresh.
At the start the Pro women start ahead for this race so I quickly moved to front of the pack and was leading the pace up the first climb. At the road I wasn't sure how comfortable I was with setting the pace that was new to me. I had two girls pass on the lower part of Upper Elk climb and I just climbed my pace and regained the lead on the way down. For the most part I kept the lead the rest of the race until the final climb up Arapaho when the other girl passed me. I just hung with her through the climb because I knew I would put time on her as soon as we started down. I ended up putting 3 min on her in the final miles of single track! I was very happy to take a win here I was 9th overall so I still have room for improvement on those pro women!


Ashlyn got to bring her bike up to the race this time too. She went right over to the little pump track on her Strider and had a blast. This seemed to be when she started to really get it. Now she is loving her bike and wants to go all the time!

No comments: